I’ve had an emotional week.
Friends of ours from church lost both of their baby boys this week – one half an hour after birth, the other three days later.
And one of Nathan’s friends – and the mom of three boys under the age of four – seems to be losing her battle with cancer.
I’ve been struggling to find the good – in those situations as well as life in general.
What memories, big or small, from the past week bring a smile to your face?
Here are mine:
1. Nathan and I spending a rainy Sunday afternoon wrapped in blankets on the couch, watching episode after episode of Chuck (our latest addiction!) while Topher napped.
2. Topher’s excitement as he recounted his visit to the Fire Hall yesterday, complete with light sabre duel. (The firemen let him hold a flare, and of course he thought it was a light sabre …)
3. Topher’s giggles as Nathan chased him around (and around and around and around!) the kitchen. “Catch me, Daddy! Catch me!”
4. Having a great run (without my watch!) Monday night.
5. Starting to plan our first real “family vacation”.
6. Letting Topher pick out what hanging basket we bought on Tuesday night (he wanted purple and yellow flowers so we got purple and yellow flowers – even though half of them were already dead at the time of purchase!) - and racing home to beat the storm.
7. Slow dancing in the kitchen with Nathan while Diego babysat Topher.
8. Nathan helping Chloe walk on my back to try and alleviate pain (because he’s too heavy and Topher was in bed).
9. Nathan making up a silly song (“I Like Books”) and dance that is now part of Topher’s regular bedtime routine.
10. Sweeping sand off the kitchen floor after an evening at the playground.